Continuing Education License Requirements
Florida agents licensed less than six years are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education every 24 months to maintain their license. For agents licensed more than six years, the requirement is only 20 hours.
The Florida School of Insurance is pleased to offer every course you need online as a convenient means of meeting these requirements. No classroom attendance necessary! All courses are approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services and most are approved by the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards, Inc. Only one certificate satisfies both requirements!
- Beginning January 2009, any person who holds a license to solicit or sell life insurance in this state must complete a minimum of 3 hours in continuing education, approved by the department, on the subject of suitability in annuity and life insurance transactions. Our 4 credit hour courses satisfy this requirement.
- General Lines insurance agents and Customer Service Representatives must complete one hour on the subject of premium discounts for hurricane mitigation options. We have two courses that satisfy this requirement: the original and follow-up course.
- Compliance periods prior to January 2009 require three hours of Ethics. Our three and five credit hour online courses will satisfy this requirement. Ethics courses will also apply towards standard credit hours.
- Initial 8-hour training requirement: before selling LTC policies in Florida, producers must complete an 8-hour state approved LTCP training.
- Ongoing 4-hour training requirement: after completing the initial 8-hour training, producers continuing to sell LTCP must complete a 4-hour ongoing training every two calendar years after the initial completion.
To check your current Continuing Education status, please visit the Department of Financial Services website.
"You have another succesful student - I passed the exam this morning! Thank you for being available. And for keeping us awake in class with your unique style! I will recommend your company whenever I can."